Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Nor Cal Dreamin'

When my all time BFF wanted to celebrate her dirty 30 in Cali, I obviously jumped at the chance to spend as much time in California as humanly possible because I love it there. So Keaton and I spent a couple of days bumping around highway 1 until we met the gang for a little wine country time.

We usually end up in So Cal so it was nice to visit the northern part of the state. I read some Henry Miller and Steinbeck to prep for the trip and I gotta say, I get why the bay area is so sought after. It's a magical place... Mountains, steep coastlines, mystical fog that comes in every evening; what more could you want?

I think we did as much as anyone can do in 7 days and I'm already starting my list of things I want to see next time.

Prepare for some major Phoverload (photo-overload)

BIG SUR





 MONTEREY



HWY 1

 SPINDRIFT

Probably the greatest cabin we've ever stayed in/ will every stay in... 

MUIR WOODS




 MUIR BEACH




This crew ran all over wine country and SF to celebrate our girl Brenda! 

CHINA BEACH- This is an all time spot. If you're every in San Francisco, you HAVE to go. There was no one there and the beach and views were spectacular!




Until next time Cali, my love! 


Must-see Spots

Big Sur:
Monterey:
  • Cannery Row
  • Monterey Bay Aquarium (duh)
  • 17-mile drive
  • Lumiere Cafe
Muir Beach, CA: 
  • Muir Beach (duh)
  • Muir Woods (duh)- make sure you get your parking ahead of time. You have to do it online and there's no cell service out there!
  • While you're at it, go to Sausalito and eat at the Barrel House Tavern and get ice cream at Lappert's
Petaluma (an awesome, underrated, wine country spot!):
  • Barber Cellars
  • Kellar Estate Winery
  • The Drawing Board (adorbs and great cocktails!)
  • The Shuckery (we didn't actually make to this spot but it's cute and their brunch menu looks amazing!)
  • Acre Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment