Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Amsterdam

Well, things have really changed, globally, since this trip. Going through photos and souvenirs from old trips are making me feel a little better about all the adventures I'm missing out on because of this pandemic. But ultimately, I'm so thankful for my health and safety right now! So anyway, here are some photos from last year's trip to Amsterdam, that I never shared... 

Amsterdam. There is something special about this city. The pace is different. The people are happy. Life moves faster and slower at the same time. It's exponentially faster to walk or bike somewhere than it is to drive. Some cities have a personality and Amsterdam and I just clicked immediately.

I had previously thought that Paris was my favorite city but after this trip, I've got some real soul searching to do on that. When you really fall in love with a place you can see what your life would be like if you lived there- you feel at home. Each day it was as if we were doing everything and nothing all at the same time. Everything moved at the exact right pace. 

Our Airbnb was fabulous and our hosts were incredibly hospitable, taking us on a tour of the canals, sharing wine and hors d'oeuvres in the garden. It was pure magic. The kind of perfect that almost makes you nervous to go back for fear that you could never enjoy it as much as you did.  





























I can't wait until my next visit! Maybe next time I should back-to-back Amsterdam and Paris...? 

Amsterdam "can't miss":
  • Botanical Gardens (Hortus Botanicus)
  • Anne Frank House
  • Pluk
  • Bloemenmarkt
  • Van Gough Museum
  • Foodhallen
  • Mama Makan (you HAVE to try indonesian food in Amsterdam...it's a thing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment