Wednesday, January 8, 2020

London and the Flower Show

Wow... so it's 2020 now. Not sure how that happened but here we are. I would love to do a better job of sharing my adventures this year and so I think I'll start by sharing some of the trips I didn't get to sharing last year!

So last May I took a girl's trip with my mom, my aunt, and my cousin and we had the most amazing time! We went to London and Amsterdam and I took so many pictures that I haven't even made it through all of them yet... and that was LAST YEAR. So I'm going to try to do better and I'm starting now, by sharing our trip to London!

For me, London was a lot like New York, only much much older... I love a good city, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it's hard not to feel like a tourist because there are SO many historic and iconic things you want to see. (I acknowledge that I literally am a tourist but I usually try to avoid the obvious tourist-trap attractions, if I can).  So this is me playing tourist in London, Big Bus Tour and all! It was a blast and I can't imagine sharing the experience with anyone else than these wild ladies! 















This was maybe the most disappointing part of the trip... Friggin Ben!!!!  










London is a ball! Seeing the old against the new is one of the most striking things about the city to me. AND THE FOOD. If someone tells you you won't like the UK because of the food... they did it wrong... 

Speaking of, here are some of the places I'd add to my list of "can't miss":
  • Hit the tourist attractions. They're attractions for a reason, and honestly, you have to see them. 
  • Brunch at Grind-- there are a few different locations but it's guaranteed to be yummy. 
  • Dinerama-- this is an indoor food hall. It cost a teeny bit to get in but it's worth the experience and is a fun hoppin place to be on a Friday or Saturday night! 
  • Cambridge Street Kitchen
  • Gloria Trattoria-- If they don't seat you downstairs, I recommend still exploring. This was probably my favorite place in London!
  • Chicama (in Chelsea)
  • Dishoom-- we messed up and didn't get there early enough, so I didn't technically try this place but literally at least 4 people told me to eat there so... get there early. 
  • The Natural History Museum-- it will be crowded and it will be worth it. 
  • The Tube-- London's metro is crazy simple to navigate and is WAYYY better than ubering to and from the airport. Use it. Love it. 
Thanks for stopping by, y'all! More adventures to come! 






No comments:

Post a Comment