Friday, April 6, 2018

Beach Bums

In only two weeks Keaton and I went coast to coast!! Gulf coast to Atlantic coast that is...

We got the chance to hang out with friends in Tampa and then we hit Myrtle Beach because I was presenting at a conference.

I think sunshine is a drug because I'm addicted to it.







A quick note on Myrtle Beach: I liked Myrtle Beach! The beach is pretty, the food is good. The way people talk about it, I was expecting it to be much more trashy ( I felt the same way about PCB though so maybe I just have low standards for a beach town). HOWEVER I was not impressed by the walking path that has been established right smack dab in the middle of the dunes all the way down the beach. What the heck people??? Get it together Myrtle Beach but also I will eat at all of your waffle establishments. 

Anyway, if you want to escape the atrocities of coastal urbanization, the humble, Myrtle Beach State Park is a nice reprieve. The beach is lovely and the fishing pier is pretty neat.




These holes are from a Yellow-Bellied Sap Sucker (Sphyrapicus varius






As soon as it starts warming up, all I want to do is get in/on the water! 

Raise your hand if you can't wait for summer!!




No comments:

Post a Comment