Saturday, January 6, 2018

To A New Year

2018.

2017 was a beating and I'm happy to say goodbye to it. It did, however, grow me in ways I couldn't have predicted. It forced me to stand up for my beliefs. It gave me a clearer picture of my values and a greater feeling of community with the world at large.

This year I have a lofty list of goals and so far (literally 6 days into the year but whatever) I've made good on those commitments.

One of my goals for this year is to pick up my camera more. A lot of times I don't grab my camera unless I'm traveling, and I didn't even do much of that last year. So this year I want to capture more. Not just the big adventures but the little everyday scenes that make life unique and spectacular.

Here's my first go at it for the new year.

I'm clumsy with my camera. It took me longer to do...everything and I don't really feel that burning inspiration yet. I'm out of practice and it's going to take some time to get the creative mussels back in shape but this is step one.

If you're still reading this, thank you! And let me also apologize, because this isn't going to be that exciting at first. But I'm ready to grow in a lot of ways and this is where I'm going to share that growth.

So here's to 2018. A year of honing old skills and learning new.






















No comments:

Post a Comment