Sunday, March 11, 2018

Cadaques

Cadaques is where the artist Dali lived. Unfortunately, because of the time of year, most of the museums (and really everything except a few restaurants) were closed.

This was still my favorite day of the trip though...

Who would have thought that visiting a beach town in February would be one of my favorite days on the trip! It was freezing and windy but there's something about driving around the Mediterranean that makes you feel like you're in a movie.

While everyone had lunch I took some time to wander the side streets of Cadaques. That's honestly my favorite part of being in a new city. There are so many little scenes you'd never see if you stuck to the main roads. The little details (like random squid street art!) you find are so fun!

We drove north along the coast and hit France just as the sun set. Then we turned around and drove back to Girona. It was simple and perfect.

It's a day I'll always remember and those are the experiences you hope to have when you travel.


















The light around the Mediterranean is unlike anywhere else... 






This might be one of my most favorite photos I've ever taken and I could not even tell you why... 

These weird pines (maybe Aleppo Pines?) are all over! I think they just transform the landscape... They have such a unique shape.

































Make sure you:

  • see Dali's house (even if it's just the outside...#offseason)
  • eat some mussels
  • drive out to Cap de Creus (eat/have a drink at the cafe)
  • walk up to the chapel (the view is choice)
  • roam the side streets, that's where all the magic is
  • admire all the cacti *heart eyes*


Still so many photos to share! I haven't even gotten to Barcelona or Girona...
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment